New fuel and LPG prices come into effect
1 June, 2023, 6:15 pm
The Fijian Competition and Consumer Commission (FCCC) yesterday announced the new regulated fuel and LPG products that will come into effect from today.
As per the announcement by the FCCC the new regulated retail fuel prices are:
- Motor Spirit from $2.74 to $2.80
- Premix from $2.58 to $2.62
- Kerosene from $1.92 to $1.91
- Diesel from $2.41 to $2.36
New LPG prices are as follows:
- 4.5kg cylinder from $14.47 to $14.39
- 12kg cylinder from $38.59 to $38.37
- Bulk (kg) from $2.98 to $2.96
- Autogas (Litre) from $1.98 to $1.97.
In a statement issued yesterday the FCCC explained that the fuel price review in Fiji followed a one-month lag period and as such, the June 2023 local fuel prices were based on imports made by fuel companies in April 2023.
According to the statement the FCCC used the May 2023 Saudi Aramco Butane Contract Price (CP), while international freight rates and foreign exchange rates are based on April 2023 imports to determine LPG product prices for June 2023.